Spring Rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Rates.

Wondering what you guys with aggresive fitment are running for spring rates. Especially you e36ers. I'm planning on getting coilovers soon and am looking for a good rate that will prevent me from rubbing and be as comfortable as possible at the same time. I drive my car often and don't want it to be back brakingly stiff.

I have H&r springs + bilsteins right now (car came with them). And my rears rub whenever I turn even slightly fast, lol. I'm running 17x9.5+17 in rear with 215/40's

I'm thinking around 600f/700-750r? idk I'm no pro, just going by what I've read.

Comment

Thanks for the info^ .. I was thinking I would probably need rates somewhere around there

Also looking for peoples opinions on how certain rates ride. Let me know how you guys like them and if you could daily a car that stiff. Mine isn't a daily, but I do drive it a good amount.

Comment

600f/700r on my e36. daily driven. its bumpy but i also have all urethane bushings so that adds to it. not bad for a daily car. need to turn my rebound down tho.

go with that, i also know riffman12 (mike) is running 525 front and 550 rear or something close to that and it rides pretty good. i know he rubs in the rear sometimes but nothing too bad.

Comment

So you think 600/700 is bearable for a daily? What kind of coilovers are you running?

The only experience I really have with spring rates is 447f / 335r stance coilovers on my old 89 240sx which wasn't bad. I'm not sure what the rates on my h&r springs that are on my e36 now are, but they're obviously way to soft for the wheels I'm trying to. I just don't want to end up getting a setup that I am not comfortable with driving often.
          Last edited by Morbid; 10-06-2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Noone else with an e36 wants to chime in? I know there is like 10 more of you on here..

Comment

I think your question has been answered. Brad is right pretty much.
              Most of the e36s 'round here got their info from me, or from someone who got their info from me. 600/700 is good.

Comment

How much stiffer in the rear would be good for a vert?

Comment

Yes my question has been answered, but I was also wondering what everyone's opinions are on how they ride and if they would have any complaints dailying a car on 600/700.

Do you guys think I would be okay with 500/600 or 550/650 or is 6/7 pretty much the minimum if I'm poking in the back.

I appreciate everyones input so far

Comment

I run 550/700 and its pretty much perfect. Totally daily driveable, as it is my daily.

I'd go with a 700 out back with 17x9.5 et 17 imo.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                      How much stiffer in the rear would be good for a vert?
                      I've been looking around for an answer, and haven't come up with much in terms of stanced verts... All I've seen just says that verts need heavier springs in the rear. My guess for a good combo would be 600/800? What does everyone think? Anyone have a link to a stanced vert build thread somewhere?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the thread jack...

Comment

I think I'll post a question here too rather than start a new thread.

I was looking at the GC site and rather than buying the whole coilover setup I was just going to get the springs with adjustable sleeves and probably the camber plates. I already have new shocks and struts. Is this a good idea? Also, would I be able to slam my car with this setup? I'm a dumbass. Thank you
                        Last edited by 325irollin; 10-20-2009, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Make sure your shocks are valved for high spring rates. Standard Koni yellows max out at 600lbs.

I'm on GC track/school coilovers with 450/550 springs. This is way too soft for me. I'm considering some AD shocks with something along the lines of 650/800 or 900/1050 springs.

Comment

What rates you think I should go with. 560f/670r, 560f/780r, or 670f/780r ... 135mm springs. Not looking for a super harsh ride, but I'm okay with some stiffness.

Comment

Your shocks will have more to do with the ride than the minor differences your talking about in spring rates. If you spend half as much time on setting up your coilovers as you have trying to find the "perfect rate" you should be fine. As to how they ride that is really subjective some of us have run #1050 springs and thought they were fine others think #600 feels too harsh.

Comment

Working...
                              X