Back In Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back In Black

Eventually, we will run out of clever headlines that make use of the word ‘black.’ Today? Not that day.

This past week, we finished installing some additions to this pristine E92 328i. What entered this shop as a bone-stock BMW is now on its way out of the parking lot with a meaner stance and overall aesthetic upgrade. Starting with the most obvious of all the upgrades, the stock rollers were swapped out for a set of ADV.1 Flowspec wheels, wrapped in some ever-so-slightly stretched Continental tires. Rocking 20×8.5 in the front and 20×10.5 in the rear, this car looks ready to compete with E92 M3s. To keep the competition theme going, we added an H&R full coilover set to bring the E92’s ride height down to an acceptable level of flushness with the wheel and tire setup while maintaining a safety net of sorts to keep out any unwanted issues with the frustrating Chicago winter.

The stance isn't exactly spot on yet, as I'm sure some of our StanceWorks brethren will be (very) quick to point out, but the width of the rear wheels along with the drop are creating some rubbing issues that need to be dealt with once the springs have settled. All in due time, don't worry.

Along with the suspension, we added 335i calipers and rotors to aid in the stopping power, then painted the calipers yellow to stand out quite well against the black-on-black motif. We also fitted the rear section of the exhaust with some new tips and added an intake under the hood, the latter of which adds some growl out on the road.

The owner of this E92, Don, really likes the way it came out, and so do we. Let’s see if you do, too:

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 01-24-2011, 02:07 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

wheels look too big to me, but overall looks good
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      wheels look too big to me, but overall looks good
      We always try our best to help guide the customer's decisions, as we've been in the game for a while and know what sizes tend to work best with what vehicles, but we're not in the business of forcing hands.

That being said, he preferred 20-inch wheels, so we tried to find the best possible wheels to fit, and the ADV.1 Flowspecs were what we settled on.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

i like it, simple. i know the mean streets arnt too kind on lowered cars, but i say the only thing i dont like is the height. the rear view pic looks stock height. But its mean as fuck looking

Comment

Nice. Good call on the yellow calipers too.
          Reminds me of a local G35. It's not black on black, but the yellow stands out equally.

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
            We always try our best to help guide the customer's decisions, as we've been in the game for a while and know what sizes tend to work best with what vehicles, but we're not in the business of forcing hands.

That being said, he preferred 20-inch wheels, so we tried to find the best possible wheels to fit, and the ADV.1 Flowspecs were what we settled on.
            What Andrew is trying to say is....we know.
            [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by AJ@Fluid MotorUnion View Post
              What Andrew is trying to say is....we know.

Comment

I am sorry, but that rear fender pull/flare is terible!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Concave is the new dish... love a nice set of ADV1s.

What engine is the 328i? We never got those over the pond. The 328 badge was dropped when the E46 330 came out.

Comment

car looks good

but what the hell ugly are those sml
                    can't u paint them
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      Concave is the new dish... love a nice set of ADV1s.

What engine is the 328i? We never got those over the pond. The 328 badge was dropped when the E46 330 came out.
                      It's the N52KB30.
                      Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 01-25-2011, 12:39 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

I would drive the shyte outta that thing. What wheels are those?

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                          ADV.1 Flowspec wheels, wrapped in some ever-so-slightly stretched Continental tires. Rocking 20×8.5 in the front and 20×10.5 in the rear, this car looks ready to compete with E92 M3s.
                          Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
                          I would drive the shyte outta that thing. What wheels are those?
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            Reading > Me

Comment

Working...
                            X