X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FK Coilover Help!

Car in question - MKV Rabbit
    Coilover System - FK Street-Line Coil Over Kit

So, MkvFlipp and I decided we would go ahead and drop out his FK coilovers today to take the helpers and perches out, well we ran into some problems. When we had initially installed the system we ran the adjusters all the way down until they touched and left the helpers in. Now there is no way to get the adjusters moving at all! Took the coil apart, and even with the spanners could not get the adjuster to run up. PB Blaster, WD40, brake clean... nothing working.The bottom wont go down, the top wont go up. I am scared to heat the metal any due to the fact that they are gas filled!

Has anyone run into this problem?

I had thought of going through afcoracing to get some custom sized springs made

Get something to hold them in place, a hammer, and a flat head screw driver, put the flat head in one of the notches on the adjuster rings, and the rest should be obvious.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Wrap an old shirt or towel around the body and throw it up right in a vice for some stability.
      You will need to add some heat to the adjusters, don't worry about the gas I doubt you will get it hot enough to do damage but give it enough heat to help the PB Blaster seep down the threads and spray some between the adjuster and locking collar. Wait a bitand have your friend turn the top one up with the spanner while you use a flat head/hammer to impact the bottom one down. Just take your time and don't destroy them, if you do replacement ones arent too much $.

Before you guys throw them back on put some anti seize on the body.
      91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Working...
      X