Eck's M3, the progression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eck's M3, the progression.

This is the progression of my e36 M3 evo that i have owned for almost three years. I've owned BMWs for the past 6-7 years and always loved the e36 M3, the plan was to keep the car original and clean but over time boredom sets in and you gotta switch it up. So....

How the car started out..

Then came the lowering, Eibach springs for now..

8000k xenons, de-lensed ellipsoids and GT style front splitter..

The car remained this way for a long time until i was offered a mega cheap deal on CSL reps for the winter..

I got bored of the tall skinny 18s soon though and the car went back to..

I always loved styles 5s but mis-information led me to think they wouldn't fit an e36 without arch work. After my own research i found out they would go right on with the right tyre So the hunt was on..

These came into my possesion 17x9 rears wearing 265 rubber

Once the fronts were sourced i had the shit job of splitting the wheels. Broke my sledgehammer shaft on the last centre! Then off to the coaters..

Powdercoated blue purple flip flop from powderbuythepound.com

Then the rims were polished and bolts painted..

Then came the fitment, the wheels are 17x8front and 17x9rear with 205/40 Falken zeix912s all round. The original idea was to run 195/45 up front but at the time i couldn't source the Falkens in that size..

I also added additional sidelights to my indicators on an independant switch and the sidelight remote trick.

**(in the video the front sidelights are leds, these have been replaced with ULTRA 501 bulbs for a smoother dimming effect)**

Next up was the "French" fogs, always loved the yellow fog look and after a STANCEWORKS member advised me of a stained glass product.

This is up to date on the car, next will be coilovers to get more low and more stiff, smoked front indicators, possibly two tone centre caps for the rims and a unique interior look if i get around to finding the parts.

Cheers for looking
    E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

I want your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      I want your engine.
      Yeah it's the major bonus of the euro model. How hard is it to get the euro evo engine in the U.S.?

One of the reasons my car remained standard for so long was the performance. I was too busy enjoying kickin' the shit out of it to worry about changing the look. Nowadays i'm all about going slow making sure everyone sees me!

Comment

I legally, can't have a euro motor here in California.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          I legally, can't have a euro motor here in California.
          Is that emissions? The laws here are pretty relaxed in comparison, even when people i know have engine conversions the police don't know their shit under the bonnet!

Comment

lookin' sweet... even without coils it looks good.
            E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
            E36 M3 Mugello rot
            GEN2 TUNDRA CM
            https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

daytona violet:drool
              also you got a pm i gotta find some 17x9 5s
              Last edited by 00bmw323; 09-27-2009, 07:00 PM.
              -Jorge-

Comment

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
                lookin' sweet... even without coils it looks good.
                Cheers man, with the standard wheels on 225/45 and 245/40 the tyres were tucking but with the 205/40 i have too much wheel gap, so coils will be required in time.

Originally posted by 00bmw323 View Post
                daytona violet:drool
                also you got a pm i gotta find some 17x9 5s
                Replied mate, i thought 17x9s were pretty rare too until this set fell into my possession! The car is Techno Violet btw, Daytona is the 3.0 colour whereas my 3.2 is the evo. Very similar colours though in certain lights.

Comment

Looks awesome dude, Loving the wheels...
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Love the look of your car! and the engine will have any American drooling all over the place

Comment

That looks pretty cool.

Originally posted by ECKS///M3 View Post
                      Replied mate, i thought 17x9s were pretty rare too until this set fell into my possession! The car is Techno Violet btw, Daytona is the 3.0 colour whereas my 3.2 is the evo. Very similar colours though in certain lights.
                      17x9s are very easy to find actually in europe, or at least in germany. They're just a tad expensive. 8x17 and 9x17 was a usual setup for E34s and E39s over here and pretty easy to find.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Looks good fella coming along nicely
                        Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                          Looks awesome dude, Loving the wheels...
                          Originally posted by Steinke View Post
                          Love the look of your car! and the engine will have any American drooling all over the place
                          Originally posted by slimadi View Post
                          Looks good fella coming along nicely
                          Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          That looks pretty cool.
                          Cheers for the great responses guys.

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          17x9s are very easy to find actually in europe, or at least in germany. They're just a tad expensive. 8x17 and 9x17 was a usual setup for E34s and E39s over here and pretty easy to find.
                          Well im in the UK mate but it seems most around here had the 8s all round and they are a lot more common on e39s. I felt like stalking a few e39 owners to find out their width/offsets.

This set turned up in my Dads friends breakers yard, so i got 'em fo' cheap!

Comment

Maybe i'm like the centercap police or something, because I feel like i say this all too often, but it'll look much better with some centercaps.
                            MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Car will be PERFECT once you get coilovers....very awesome so far.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X