stance gr+ bottom out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance gr+ bottom out?

My front stance gr+ is almost bottomed out but since i have the height i want, i won't have to do anything to the front. But for rear(true type), i need to go lower but the lower bracket, shock bodies, are bottomed out. The lower brackets don't bottom out if i set the preload to almost zero. I can literally put the car on the ground.
    However i have front 7" preload and rear 7.15" preload. The springs are 8" with zero preload. I need to keep the preload like this if i don't, i get insane bounce. I tried playing around with the dampening but it doesn't affect the bounce..
    Anybody else have this problem with stance gr+?
    I'm kind of slammed for DD but not close to being slammed as the cars at car shows.

You shouldn't have preload on Stance GR+...the springs should just be snug.

Stance GR+ aren't calibrated to be bouncy at 0 preload, you should contact Stance with your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
      You shouldn't have preload on Stance GR+...the springs should just be snug.

Stance GR+ aren't calibrated to be bouncy at 0 preload, you should contact Stance with your problem.
      i contacted Stance and they told me that if 7" preload rides less bounce then zero preload, then keep it 7". If i want, i can have more preload, but that doesn't seem right. A coilover guy who works at a nissan/infiniti specialized said the preload should be set to 1" from the original spring length..i have a 350z
      I don't believe that 7" preload COULD possibly give me bounce..

Comment

When I was on the coils without bags, my preload was just finger tight on a GS300 which had no bounce. All the bounce I had was from the bubbly tires.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
        Originally posted by Jedidiah
        he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X