wheel fitment help: bmw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel fitment help: bmw

My friend has an e39 so ive been trying to find him some nice wheels for it. I found some 19" star spoke 95 wheels off of an 07' 745i for a good price. Anyone on here mounted these before? Is the only thing you need to do to fit them is hone the hub from 72.56 to 74.1? How much does it cost to do this?
    specs are :

Front Wheel Size: 19 x 9, offset is 24mm

Rear Wheel Size: 19 x 10, offset is 24mm

Would you run into rubbing issues with this? Run a stretched tire most likely? Dont know much about e39's so thanks for the help.

Heres what it would look like: I think it looks killer
    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
    E36 M3 Mugello rot
    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

if im not mistaken you can run some pretty wicked offsets on a e39 so those wheels will be sunken battleship status

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Man. Those keep popping up on different cars...and they look great! As far as honing the centers, I can't imagine it would cost more than $50-$100.
      Last edited by B Rod; 09-25-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

$100 for honing all the wheels wouldn't be bad. Almost any decent machine shop with a lathe can do that...

As for fitment, spacers are gonna be a must. IIRC E39's can handle 11's or so out back. Once you get the wheels honed, mount them and see what size spacer you're gonna need.
        Last edited by driggers.a; 09-24-2009, 05:09 PM.
        Eatin' Babies

Comment

^ The man has spoken.

Comment

aiight, sounds good... I just love the concave that these have and the size looks great on the e39's
            E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
            E36 M3 Mugello rot
            GEN2 TUNDRA CM
            https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

That does look great! That fitment is pretty mild for an E39. With a stretched tire you probably won't even need to roll the fenders.

Comment

ive always loved these!
                i thought about getting them but theyre just to big for my taste.
                -Matt

Comment

Working...
                X