E46 Saloon Spring Weights - help pelase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 Saloon Spring Weights - help pelase

Need some help from my fellow static friends.

I'm fiannly going to get on and order some 'proper' coilovers and i can pick the spring rates to suit.

The guys who supply have advised 450lbs, but have heard people on here running 600lbs to 900lbs which seems massively higher and possibly to much for UK roads

i don't want the ride to be so bone shaking i can't drive the car but i need it stiff enough so i can clear 'proper' wheels and tyres - last setup of 8x17 et20 and 9x17 et26 was a bit to weak i never got it sat right on cheap coils.

any tips from people uk or otherwise as to what rates they run?

I'd be keen to know this aswell, not sure what mine are but am looking to upgrade springs

Comment

well i'm running JOM ebay jobs - there about 300lbs - very comfy but far to soft - very undersprung for damping rate.

AP's are 390lbs and the mk4 i went out in which had these was super smooth still very controlled damping.

a mates passat with KV1's was harsh as but no idea what springs or damping rates they had.

its mine field and i don't want to waste monet again buying the wrong setup - stance is still in its infancy this side of the pond so info is thin on the ground.

Comment

anybody? there must be people on here who've spec'd ground control weights and lengths different from stock - even E36 rates and lengths would be a starting point.

Comment

irc the e36 stanceworks coilovers are 750f and 900r, 5inches tall, tho the shocks are shooooort, and have valves made for those spring rates.
          I should know the specs, as im about to get a set. ill look it up, and report back.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

800F 950R are they
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

OP I don't think you'd be able to find springs with those specs and would be hard as shit without proper shocks/dampening (damping?) etc...I rekon if your happy with the height your at, get that size spring, find some that are around 450-600 ish it should be fooly seck. At a guess.

Comment

well i'm going with Gaz GHA's - 450lbs is there race spring, but i can go to 600lbs off the shelf apparently.

might just have to start at 450lbs front and 600lbs rear and play suck it and see but it seems a waste of cash if springs are to soft/hard for daily use.

Comment

Working...
                X