15,000 Mile Oil Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15,000 Mile Oil Changes

Just because your BMW dealership suggests it, doesn't mean you need to listen. Especially when you have a nearly-new 745il. They brought it in for a gasket issue, and we found this. If it weren't for the gasket, though, who knows what could have continued to grow inside this engine:

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/5102

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

This pains me to even look at.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Thats a lot of gunk.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Yep. In the time they spent driving with that oil in their car, most people have had theirs changed 4 or 5 times. And this isn't just a rental car Sebring, either; this is somebody's 745il.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
          Christof Goulart
          FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

A bit overcooked. Maserati suggests 12,000 miles. A crate motor with no accessories is around $40,000.
            Last edited by SlowLow; 11-10-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

between that and BMW suggesting to use shitty Castrol....

Comment

must be specifically recommended so engine problems arise once warranty runs out
                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

did this once with the family car, wanted to see how it runs if i keep the oil as long as they say (15000 miles). at around 11000 miles the car started to sound funny the engine was loud, it would rumble like it was a tractor, by the time it hit 12.000 the engine would start and after 5 seconds stop and not start for about 5 minutes. so don't listen to the manufacturer, those people are stupid. and castrol SUCKS, the engine eats it up like it's gas (tested on 5 cars)

Comment

Dear god that's terrible.

I had no idea BMW suggests 15k. I do between 3-7k depending on memory/funds/deals lol.

Comment

Thats friggin awful

Comment

I may know of someone who did someone similiar with his 3Series haha. wasnt as mad but looked like hot chocolate when looking in the motor. probably hit 10k on his.
                        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

I managed to go 6k on my Civic Si's last oil change (since the oil life meter only counts total revolutions of the engine, and I drove like a grandma when I first got it), and the entire last week before my oil change I had these images swimming through my mind like some sort of terrible 'Nam flashback.

I threw Motul 5w-30 full synthetic in there with a fresh OEM filter and have forever sworn to do 3k changes until this car is dead and gone. These pictures will follow me for the rest of my life, haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

I did between 9 and 10k before getting my last oil change. Never again!
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                            X