Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Fluid MotorUnion trip to the Middle East!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Fluid MotorUnion trip to the Middle East!

Part 1: "We didn't come here to eat, we came here to work."

So as some of you guys may have already known we left for our journey to the Middle East Saturday night at 4:11pm CST!

The first leg of our trip would start on a KLM 747 on a direct flight to none other than Amsterdam. OJ and I were pretty excited about the trip none the less espceially since our 6 over sized checked bags/ boxes went past with no problem at all, then they tossed a cherry on top with security taking less than 10 minutes. Once we sat at the gate I started checking to make sure we had everything we needed for carry on while OJ wandered off to download so iPhone games for the 8 hour flight we had which we wouldn't be seated next to each other leaving us with randoms.

I was pretty much knocked out the entire flight but woke up just in time to snap this:

About to get off of the plane I couldn't help to of noticed the baller seats we were sitting in:

Getting off the plane we spotted our first stanced vehicles!

Schipol's airport was pretty big, more of a mall almost:

So far this still holds the best ad we have seen yet:

Walking around starving we found a pretty sick looking bar/ restraunt so we figured we should get started........ at 7:40a.m.

Nothing like scrabled eggs and Heineken before your next flight:

Upon our arrival in Abu Dhabi we picked up all 6 checked bags/boxes, was walking out and we received a text from the states that we need to jump on a flight to meet one of our co workers - Hani, for a flight up to Doha, Qatar!

Baller terminal in Abu Dhabi:

Down the jetway:

Getting on the ground in Doha was pretty shocking, had a chance to snap this before the lense fogged up!

Driving around out side of the airport in the late afternoon!

Then we arrived at the hotel which is probably the best part of the trip so far, landed two rooms connected together!

I'll work on more pictures tomorrow during the day since the lense keeps fogging up every time I step outside - Mike B. how do I deal with that?

Stay posted for more updates guys, this place is pretty wild!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Have Fun!

Comment

Sweet pics man sounds like a really good time, the pictures are sweet so far.

Comment

Awesome pictures, makes me miss there so much.
        -Jay

Comment

Hell yeah, this is gonna be a sick trip. I can't wait to see the cars you're gonna be tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by whitestripes View Post
            hell yeah, this is gonna be a sick trip. I can't wait to see the cars you're gonna be tuning.
            +100!

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Sicknessssss! Where's my invite!?!

To deal with the fogging, you'll just have to let the camera adjust to the temp/humidity change. There's nothing you can really do about it.

Comment

should be an amazing adventure.

i'll be watching this.

Comment

So sahhweeeeet! Can't wait for more updates.

Comment

Those people look different. Don't like this one bit..

Comment

can't wait for updates...very jealous

Comment

Part 2!

Part 2: "I want to sell it for a McLaren"

Still waking up leaving the lot at the hotel we spotted this sick Bentley:

Driving down one of the main roads we got to see Lamborghini Doha sharing a spot with Bugatti!

Hani took us to eat here first for some Labanese food which was absolutely amazing!

Mind blowing how good the food is.......

While we were eating, this fine automobile pulled up so we went to talk to him a bit about tuning!

Then his buddy pulled up in a LP640!

ماذا تريدون مني أن تقتل نفسي!

Our first place of work will be provided by the very kind people at MotorSport!

Some hardware install on a new TT 2.0 FSi!

Our main schedule consisted of the TT work so we headed out for some dinner recommended by the owner of MotorSport!

Food seems like it just keeps getting better and better!

After we ate we headed out for some SheeSha, walking past a public restroom we couldn't believe how nice everything is:

Decided to go here for SheeSha and was able to snap a picture of this amazing building! If you guys ever make it out to Doha you must stop here, it's location is absolutely amazing with a view that is unforgettable!

View from our table with a beautiful view of Doha!

Walking back to the car we had to stop to use the bathroom so we ended up using the public bathroom which looks like a bathroom from the future:

Finally back at the hotel with a little idea of what the walk back to the room looks like:

Thanks for following so far guys, definitely stay posted for more updates. The next few days should be full of a lot of cars:

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                            Mind blowing how good the food is.......

Thanks for following so far guys, definitely stay posted for more updates. The next few days should be full of a lot of cars:
                            "dude....that shit was good..."

Looks like a blast.

Comment

Side note; the title for our first day is what hanni told the management after we were told internet was $30 us for 24 hours. Because of a mixup our confirmation was not booked at the hotel. They had plenty of room so they gave us our stay for the same rate. They generously gave us a free breakfast for our trouble for every day for the rest of the stay. We got to the room and found out what the cost of the internet was. Hanni told managmet he didnt want to pay and to take back breakfast and give us free internet. Saying “We didnt come here to eat we came to work”
                              Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X