PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your ksport

Walnuts
10-29-2010, 02:16 AM
This is for every one that is running k sport coilovers I was wondering how do you like them? Build quality, ride quality, durability? Thinking about getting a set for the cooper and just want to see every ones opinion doesn't matter what kind of car any insight will be helpful.

*96tegls*
10-29-2010, 03:01 AM
^ i had them on my teg, they were AWESOME, the dampers were great, they went extremely low and road hella smooth homie

Get them and DO WORK SON !

LozZz
10-29-2010, 05:02 AM
i had/have em on my crx and haven't had any probs with them at all.
99% of the peeps that talk trash about them have never used them.

th3darkmarket
10-29-2010, 07:52 AM
had em on my 09 accord daily. rode as smooth as the stock setup and achieved a good low compared to other brands for my vehicle.

Average_Jerk
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
2 of my buddys have them on their maximas, they really like them

Kev1n
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I also have K-Sport. I have them 1,5 years, first 9 months normal use, then built over to air...
Drives smooth, little hard maybe, and there still in top condition! Love it :)

mx7deuce
10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Cousin has ksports on his e36 and they drive incredibly nice. We also took it out to Streets of Willow and they performed great there as well with, i believe was, 16 way dampening adjusting. Either way, they were really a good buy in my opinon

Dr.AK
10-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Good to hear guys. I'm contemplating K-Sports also...

Anyone got experience of the K-Sports with the upside-down-strut for the rear of the E36?

PAK-Racing
10-31-2010, 09:10 AM
I also wanna buy K Sport for an e30.

firelizard
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
My first set sucked for reliability, but the replacement dampers I received were excellent, both in ride quality and durability.

cardoza
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a non-damping set and they suck pretty badly. Really bumpy, but they do go low as shit.

L31
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I like mine, have them on my altima, they go lower than any other coilover available for the platform. they ride better than my s.tech springs did. they are stiff, but that is to be expected with every coilover. the build quality is good as far as i can tell, i like the adjustability they offer, i can lay frame with them without removing any collars or anything like that (probably unique to the altima) and they have 32 way adjustable dampening :D

i think thats about it, no complaints from me, the handling is so far improved over springs its not even funny, literally drives like its on rails

Flashpoint_RX7
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I have Ksports on my MR2 and my first set blew out within 6 months. Ksports repaired them and they have been awesome ever sence. I heard they where having lots of problems with thier first ones and once they fixed the problem they have been nothing but good. I love mine.

jungledorifuto
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
had them on s13 no problems for a season... had them on s14 front right blew, replacement was under 150 shipped for the insert. came pretty quick. they go lower than most

C.Johnston
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
i had mine for 1 year, and my buddy is still using them 2 years later. So total of 3 years, and all is good (except one pot hole the size of a crater blew one of them.. construction ftl).. a bit on the stiff side, go nice and low, cheap, and lasted a good amount of time.. would i buy another set? yes if they are a lot cheaper than other brands.. when i was buying for my subaru it was only a couple hundred more to get KW, so obviously didnt go Ksport in that case

they were kontrol pro 10/6 for EK chassis civic.

Petis
11-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I prefer D2 over k-sport for one reason. I know that they are basically the exact same thing, but on the k-sport adjuster collars, there are far fewer "channels" aka the notches used when tightening/adjusting.

The D2's have far more notches making adjustment easier after the newness has worn off (making the turning of the collars harder). I'm sure it isn't an issue on a lot of cars, but in the case of my friends accord, it made things really difficult.

OSSHWA
11-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I prefer D2 over k-sport for one reason. I know that they are basically the exact same thing, but on the k-sport adjuster collars, there are far fewer "channels" aka the notches used when tightening/adjusting.

The D2's have far more notches making adjustment easier after the newness has worn off (making the turning of the collars harder). I'm sure it isn't an issue on a lot of cars, but in the case of my friends accord, it made things really difficult.

Unless you have a Miata, in which case you likely will not keep your rear collars :alright

motocaddy
09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Any more opinions about ksports? The mk2 is going to live somewhere else and I'm planning on picking up an e36 vert next week. Really tempted by the ksport's features and price, but curious why more people aren't using them.

firelizard3
09-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I actually thought the revised dampers were great. I did only have them for a year though. The first ones I got shipped were trash- they all blew within about 9 months of use. After that though, no issues, and they felt really nice on my Protege. Would buy again, even for a car that has other options in the same price range (except my Miata).

My setup was 8/6k and it was actually relatively well damped. Not superb by any means, but definitely tolerable and not bouncey.

white chocolate
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Mine are super super stiff. I have them on a 1990 civic hatch with two collars removed in the rear and the front untouched. They're stiff because i have them four clicks away from their stiffest settings. I love them, but one thing i was disappointed with was how low they got. I had always wanted a set after hearing nothing but good about them, and when i got the chance to buy a car with them on it, I jumped on it.

When i say i was disappointed with the low factor, i mean i had the rears cranked all the way down and wasn't even tucking a 14 inch tire. So i took two collars out of each side( bad idea but i was desperate) and it brought the car down about another half inch. i have plenty of room too go down in the front (all collars still in) but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the back lower.

It could just be me because everyone that sees the car is stunned at how low it is, my frame rails/exhaust are also scraped up after a week of driving so i guess that's pretty low.

Overall i am very pleased with them. Great ride, good price and the car handles like a go kart, so i say go for it!

FreshLikeSushi
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
i had em on a 350z, they werent bad. didnt really like the valving on them though

Granny Gold
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Love mine! I bought mine used with roughly 15,000 miles on them, and they ride amazing. Plenty stiff (I have them on their stiffest setting), but it doesn't bother me.

TheWraith
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I used the K sports on my Corrado, loved them but they rode stiffer than my B&G's I had on my MKII Jetta, both went retarded low though. I'd buy them all over again.:cool

Kielan
09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll never buy them again. BC and B&G are both way better products.

firelizard3
09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
They're both hundreds of dollars more expensive (B+G avg. MSRP $500 more) and have limited applications.

Barry.:R32T
09-12-2011, 10:07 PM
had a set in my mk3 gti vr6 and loved em

Unclear_Motives
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
That's what my altima is sitting on...and I'd recommend em to anyone...they feel great, installed quickly, and have loads of adjustability= stanceworthy.

"...it's not about the parts-it's about the look and feel of the car as a whole" - Jason Whipple, Rotiform

amaggiotta
09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
i was thinking about getting ksport coils for my 7th gen celica and this helped me out. thanks for makng this post

Take2
09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Did the OP ever end up buying KSports? I have heard mixed things about them from people on some other MINI specific forums but would love to hear your opinion.

Nick

motocaddy
09-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Well i was the one that bumped it and definitely appreciate the responses. I ended up going with BC coils and couldn't be happier. My understanding is they are the same as ksport, but i have a local shop that is supporting the BCs, so i went that way.

I love the features (camber plates, pillow ball mounts, adjustable dampening) and of course the price. Full soft rides like stock and the stiffer settings are firm, but not harsh. Haven't yet figured out how low they go, but they come with provisions to remove the rear perches, so that's a good sign! I imagine all of this applies to ksport, as well, so I say go for it.

shippedout
09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I know you've made your decision but Ill add my 2 cents lol

Im currently on Ksports and I love them, ride is nice and firm I blew a strut ( Pothole I did not see ) Emailed Ksport service dept and they were very helpfull and will be sending me 2 inserts for $120 a piece.