quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question...

Well, Still need to do a few other things to my car, boost controller, injectors, and some other miscellaneous before I can buy coils and wheels, but I was thinking. My dad owns a couple midas shops so I do most of my work there on their lifts. How the hell does a lowered car get onto a lift, or even get jacked up? there are two different types of lifts they have, one with a big bar going across the center under the car, with the two contact pad/bar things on the side (so it looks like an H from the front/back) So you have to drive over that center bar which is a good 3 inches. Then there is the alignment rack which is a drive on, with a fairly short/steep ramps up, so I don't see myself getting a proper alignment without removing my bumper... So how do you get a jack under a stanced car? even if you could get it under, once it starts jacking up, wouldnt the opposite side of the car smash into the ground? and then how do you guys get onto racks for alignments and such?

I was thinking D2's air jack, but not for 500 dollars i aint lol

oh btw my car is an 87 Chrysler Conquest Widebody

-Justin
    1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Depends on the car. I don't know how your Conquest is for suitable jacking points, but on both my Mazdas, I relied on the rear tow hook as a first jacking poit, and with the short overhangs, the fronts don't hit the ground until a while. Then you can put blocks or jackstands to keep the rear lifted, and jack up the front side by side, or if you've lifted the rear enough, you can put the lift arms under the front as well.

Comment

In our shop our 2 post hoist do most of the small car lifting. Any Porsche , Pantera, lotus or slammed little honda we use a set of 1"x4"s stacked to get it up high enough to get the hoist legs under it. The 1x4s are staggered in length so we just drive the car up on them gentle as can be, no problem. The same goes for backing it off the 1x4s, nice and easy.

Gordo.

Comment

Working...
      X