E36 Coilover Options for Budget Ballin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Coilover Options for Budget Ballin'

Howdy thar, I'm planning on picking up a set of coils once I get all the miscellaneous interior shiz fixed. I want to keep it fairly stock, you know, wheels drop, a few goodies. I like the E30 thread, therefore I will copy and paste

Any recommendations for an affordable coilover set-up? Anybody got any for sale?
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Cheapest stuff?

DDM, NEX on eBay, H&R or Bilstein offer a 1100 or 1200 dollar system as well I believe. Those are going to be the 'budget' stuff.

I think Ground Control also makes collars for adapting Koni's. So ~300-400 for the adapters and ~700-800 for the shocks. Need to add mounts and such to that for camber adjustment.

Comment

Raceland

Yes, I realize I'm gonna get shit for it the rest of my time here, but it's ok.

Comment

Are racelands adjustable in the front and rear? I looked at the site and it looks like they are just adjustable in the front.

Comment

Just get DDM's. Cheap, you can pick your spring rates, they are damping adjustable, and DDM stands by their products for the most part (can't say the same about eBay stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
            Are racelands adjustable in the front and rear? I looked at the site and it looks like they are just adjustable in the front.
            Both.

It can go down another quarter of an inch with the adjuster in, in the back and about .7 inches if you take it out from what you see in my sig ... and about another inch in the front (or even more if you take the helpers out). They definitely go low as shit.

They go low. We'll see how long they last. 700+ miles so far and no issues.

Comment

if you are going for budget just go with DDM. ive heard mostly good things about them few minor issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                Just get DDM's. Cheap, you can pick your spring rates, they are damping adjustable, and DDM stands by their products for the most part (can't say the same about eBay stuff).
                +1

Custom rates, dampening adjustment, camber plates, and forum support for 750 bucks. If you're on a budget you really can't go wrong. If you go racelands or any other cheap/ebay coilover, in the end you'll end up spending much more if you want to really stance your car.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Raceland.

Comment

Good call. That's a really good way to look at it.

Comment

Just ordered Racelands. I figure i don't need anything more than these, since I'm strictly on the streets (teh hardcoarz hardparkarrrrr), and I want adjustability and a low price. From what I've read they hold up just fine, and people generally like them. We'll see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                        Just ordered Racelands. I figure i don't need anything more than these, since I'm strictly on the streets (teh hardcoarz hardparkarrrrr), and I want adjustability and a low price. From what I've read they hold up just fine, and people generally like them. We'll see how it goes
                        Join the club brother, join the club.

edit: What's your build date?

If your car was built before 7/92, then you need 7/92 and on upper strut mounts. Cars built before 11/91 also need the front sway bar and endlinks from cars built after 11/91.
                        Last edited by slocar; 09-16-2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

How much are the Racelands?

Comment

How much are the Racelands?
                            $250.

My advice:
                            Do it once, do it right.

Comment

Holy shit. I'm all about ballin on a budget but you gotta question a complete set of coilovers for $250 from eBay.

What are the spring rates?

Comment

Working...
                              X